Auburn students get special visitor
Paul Monti paid a visit and told the children about his son, Jared, who was killed in Afghanistan in 2006 while serving in the U.S. Army and trying to save another soldier.
The song "I Drive Your Truck" performed by Lee Brice recently won song of the year at the Country Music Association Awards in Nashville was inspired by Paul Monti's story.
A few days after the letters were sent, Laliberte and her students were surprised when Paul Monti visited the class to thank them for the heartwarming letters.
MANCHESTER — American Legion Post 79 will hold a breakfast from 8 to 11 a.m. on Sunday, Dec. 1.
The cost is $6.
Trivia with Frank Harlan will follow.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 64
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 3
- Wheeler in Dist. 5: A GOP fighter for the little guy - 4
- GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help - 12
- Obama's indecision: In NH, only Ayotte urges action - 56
- Concealed controversy: Our 'Mother, may I' gun policy - 57
- Innis in the 1st: A strong choice for Congress - 11
- Obama waits: A terror threat grows - 41
- For U.S. Senate, Scott Brown best NH candidate come November - 73
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test