Auburn students get special visitor
Paul Monti paid a visit and told the children about his son, Jared, who was killed in Afghanistan in 2006 while serving in the U.S. Army and trying to save another soldier.
The song "I Drive Your Truck" performed by Lee Brice recently won song of the year at the Country Music Association Awards in Nashville was inspired by Paul Monti's story.
A few days after the letters were sent, Laliberte and her students were surprised when Paul Monti visited the class to thank them for the heartwarming letters.
MANCHESTER — American Legion Post 79 will hold a breakfast from 8 to 11 a.m. on Sunday, Dec. 1.
The cost is $6.
Trivia with Frank Harlan will follow.
READER COMMENTS: 36
- Thomas Sowell: The legal system exists to prevent mob 'justice' - 3
- Another View -- Cass Sunstein: A salute to the graceful silence of George W. Bush - 7
- David Harsanyi : Run, Liz, run! - 21
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 43
- Another View -- Harold Meyerson: The right underestimates Elizabeth Warren's appeal - 39
- Jonah Goldberg: There was a time when we stood up to threats against free speech - 2
- Why I voted against the 'CRomnibus' spending bill - 20
- Another View -- Devon Chaffee: Why interrogators believe America should never torture - 2
- David Harsanyi: GOP establishment, stop whining - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Memorial needs shootout to get by Bow - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 0
- No shortage of post-holiday shoppers at local stores - 0
- West junior advising College Board on its entrance exams - 0
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive - 0
- Sullivan in the top running for state's Assistant Principal of the Year - 0
- Derry making progress with efforts to honor POWS, MIAs - 0
- Lions Club blood drive draws on spirit of giving - 0
- Last Week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Murder suspect fit for trial?
Pipeline push gets a second wind