Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Sister mourns 'teddy bear' of a brother slain in Manchester double shooting
Samantha Hoffens released a statement Thursday detailing her feelings since learning her younger brother Edgar "Eddie" Hoffens, 22, was one of two men fatally shot Sunday on Lake Avenue. Hours later, David H. Hoffens, 21, was arrested for one count of falsifying physical evidence. He told police he'd fled the shooting scene and thrown away a gun, holster and sweatshirt.
"So many people have their own scenarios, but the thing we all must remember is two human lives were ended," Samantha Hoffens said in her statement. "No matter what the circumstances, they are someone's loved ones and there is a lot of grief and trauma for the families."
"It was kind of a way to mourn," Hoffens said. "I just wanted to express myself for my family and the others. Everybody deserves peace and respect."
She is just over a year older than Edgar, who she said would have turned 23 on Dec. 18. She said they were like twins and described her brother as a tall, bulky "teddy bear" who was goofy, silly and caring.
"We should all take a little bit of his example and talk before acting out in rage," she wrote.
David Hoffens pleaded guilty last month to threatening to kill his brother, Edgar, and was given a fine and suspended sentence.
Samantha Hoffens said the family was struggling through Thanksgiving while trying to plan Edgar Hoffens' funeral. The family has set up two funds for Hoffens' burial expenses. As of Thursday afternoon, nearly $1,500 had been pledged to an online fundraising page.
TD Bank. Acct # 9245145952. Edgar Hoffens Burial Fund.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 0
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 0
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 0
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
- Dover man accused of robbing woman at knifepoint - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 0
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax