Home » Opinion » Editorials
Freedom? Thanks for nothing, Obama
Obama’s entire political agenda is guided by one core principle: Replace Americans’ decisions with ones made on their behalf in Washington. From the individual mandate to fuel economy standards to the stimulus bill to green energy subsidies to the Obamacare minimum coverage provisions to federal policy on contraceptive coverage for religious organizations, Obama has sought to make Americans less free by imposing his preferences upon them.
You cannot be trusted to choose an insurance plan that is good for you, so Obama must force all insurers to cover the things he thinks you should have — and compel you to buy that insurance or pay a fine.
Freedom? That is for people who do not live under such a wise and benevolent ruler as Obama.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Christmas spirit: Do you have more than a homeless man? - 1
- The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama - 26
- Obama gets smoked: Castros celebrate in Havana - 35
- On naming the victim: It is Kibby's story now - 0
- After Newtown: A gun rights revival - 39
- Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors - 15
- Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week - 21
- Asking about marriage: The Census should keep doing it - 3
- All lives matter: Even Al Sharpton says so - 14
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU women win - 0
- Merrimack's Schaller scores first NHL goal, but B's get win - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'