Home » Opinion » Editorials
Freedom? Thanks for nothing, Obama
Obama’s entire political agenda is guided by one core principle: Replace Americans’ decisions with ones made on their behalf in Washington. From the individual mandate to fuel economy standards to the stimulus bill to green energy subsidies to the Obamacare minimum coverage provisions to federal policy on contraceptive coverage for religious organizations, Obama has sought to make Americans less free by imposing his preferences upon them.
You cannot be trusted to choose an insurance plan that is good for you, so Obama must force all insurers to cover the things he thinks you should have — and compel you to buy that insurance or pay a fine.
Freedom? That is for people who do not live under such a wise and benevolent ruler as Obama.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Lives not lost: As long as we remember - 0
- Slammed: A Seabrook officer indicted - 9
- Abuse in school: A city teacher and a late report - 2
- Computerized firearms: Holder's bad gun idea - 3
- Republican diversity: NH welcomes political ideas - 8
- Reams vs. Foster: A power grab struck down - 4
- City health costs: Wellness coordinator is no fix - 1
- R.I.P., Tom Brennan: A good manager and better man - 2
- The distractions: Turning you from Obamacare - 28
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Track Preview: Jenkins paces defending champ North - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Track Preview: McCabe, Parker lead way - 0
- Manchester DPW chief says up to 20 layoffs possible with proposed budget - 7
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: O’Neill’s injury leaves offensive void - 0
- Allen Lessels' On Baseball: No doubt about it, Fisher Cats still confident - 0
- Another View -- Bobby Jindal: NH should trust parents to choose schools - 1
- Taxes and spending: Washington vs. NH - 2
- Charles Arlinghaus: A $400 million hole was just blown in the state budget - 0
- 9th-inning error sends Red Sox to third straight loss - 0
Taxes and spending: Washington vs. NH
Manchester mayor: 'It's the tax cap budget'
School fights mascot battle
Texting while stopped: Banning safe behavior