Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Holidays never dull with my three grandsons
"Race!'' he decreed, whereupon big brother Ike agreed it was time for a race through the house.
This caught the ear of Baby Spike, who was at that point crawling across the kitchen table in search of Lord-knows-what.
"Ready! Set! Go!'' yelled Mike, waving the flag and, for once, moving faster than an Obamacare website.
The route ran from the living room, where strewn toys were ready to trip the unwary, through the kitchen and front hall and into the dining room, which had been set up for the small (I lost count at 30) Thanksgiving Day feast, and thus back to the living room.
"He gets his age mixed up with other numbers,'' she said with a shrug.
Mike also gets his food and eating utensils confused.
His mother has all but given up getting him to eat what he doesn't like, so while the others slurped up soup, Mike was presented with sliced apples and a side of peanut butter.
He sometimes forgets to pull up his Batman underwear before yanking up his trousers. Maybe that is why he walks so slowly.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- David Harsanyi: GOP establishment, stop whining - 0
- John Stossel: Individual giving beats government giving - 3
- BANANAS and NH's energy needs - 5
- Gruber should have been Time's 'Person of the Year' - 5
- In NH, overhunting of RINOs is causing problems - 24
- Another View -- Shawn Jasper: It is time to get to work for the people of NH - 16
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK? - 1
- Another View - Debra and Marc Tice: Give families a say in hostage policy - 1
- Thomas Sowell: Politicians betray us by betraying our protectors - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- State House Dome: Just past Concord session a mixed bag - 0
- Monarchs squeak by Bruins - 0
- Memorial hockey shuts out Trinity - 0
- Dover's Parratto a national champion - 0
- UNH defense comes up big against Redbirds - 0
- St. Anselm men knock off Post - 0
- Leadership, defense made Katie Bishop, of Conway, an All-American - 0
- Jet menace faltered under Rex - 0
- Strong start lifts Bedford to win - 0
UNH loses to Illinois State
Cyber security a fear in NH, too
A new era for Nashua's police force
Nashua police left rattled by tot's death
Haylee Ann-Marie Patten