Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Newington bank robber gets 22 years in federal prison
A former Maine man with a string of prior bank robbery convictions will serve 22 years in federal prison for holding up a Newington bank at gunpoint last Jan. 12.
Derek Kucinski, 27, formerly of Cape Neddick, Maine, was sentenced Monday in U.S. District Court in Concord, according to a statement issued by U.S. Attorney John P. Kacavas.
Kucinski was convicted of robbing TD Bank on Woodbury Avenue with a loaded .32 caliber revolver. He ordered several customers to the floor as he repeatedly pointed the weapon at tellers and demanded money. He fled with about $5,000. Kucinski was arrested by Newington and Portsmouth police following a brief foot and car chase.
At the time of his arrest, Kucinski was on supervised release after having served five years in federal prison for nine prior bank robberies committed in 2006. He was not armed during those robberies.
The FBI and Somersworth police assisted in the investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 0
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 6
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 2
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 10
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 7
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 1
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief