Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Accused Hampton drug dealer tied to fatal crash involving cyclists challenges evidence
Cindy Sheppard, 48, of Hampton, is challenging search warrants that Hampton police used to raid her home and led to her arrest in June. JAMES A. KIMBLE/FILE PHOTO
A second warrant relies entirely on an anonymous source at the Rockingham County jail and text messages that “the police are assuming were sent by Cindy Sheppard,” according to Reardon.
The search warrants have remained under seal by a judge. Prosecutors have yet to respond to Sheppard’s claims.
A decision would likely have no bearing on additional charges Sheppard faces in connection with allegedly providing a dose of Fentanyl to 19-year-old Darriean Hess.
The women were participating in the Granite State Wheelmen Seacoast Century Ride. Two other cyclists, Uwe Uhmeyer, 60, and Margo Heigh, 54, also of Massachusetts, were injured.
Prosecutors said at a bail hearing in September that Sheppard operated a “drug enterprise” from her home.
Police learned about her alleged drug business after monitoring phone records of another person, according to prosecutors.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive in Manchester shooting, stabbing cases caught by Marshals, police - 0
- Hampton Falls standoff suspect linked to burglaries, fake-cop ploy - 0
- Woman charged in fatal Hampton crash wants blood-test thrown out of court - 0
- Home confinement rejected for ex-Derry town employee - 0
- Manchester man arrested for aggravated drunk driving - 0
- Manchester Crime Watch: Fugitive in shooting, stabbing cases brought to court - 0
- Homeless man faces DWI charges in Dover - 0
- Amherst couple charged in sale of lost wedding ring - 0
- Donation jar thief said to be Bay State man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
- Conway adult tests positive for EEE - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Total Votes: 917