Home » News » Public Safety
Body found floating in Portsmouth
Police and fire crews were called to the area on the New Castle side of the creek off Sagamore Road around 1 p.m.
Fire Capt. Todd Germain said the body was found about 15 feet from the shore. The body was recovered by a firefighter and the scene was turned over to police, Germain said.
The body was decomposed, making it difficult to determine the gender, Germain said.
"It was there for quite some time," he said.
State Police Lt. Chris Vetter said State Police are not involved in the investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Weare officer won't face charges in fatal shooting - 5
- State revokes license for New Hampshire childcare center amid abuse allegations - 1
- Downed wires shuts Concord street - 0
- Quick-acting Litchfield woman jumps into canoe and paddles to rescue of kayaker - 1
- Man's story about stab wound questioned by Laconia police - 0
- Two fires in Manchester - 0
- Indictments issued in fatal crashes in Dover, Barrington, Rochester - 1
- Father of missing Conway teen says he wants custody of his daughter - 0
- Mass. man safe after crashing plane into Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No change in bail for Dover teen facing felony arson charge - 0
- Full text of the attorney general's report regarding Campbell and Pappas - 0
- No charges in Nashua ‘Duck-gate’ - 0
- Salem Planning Board approves hookah lounge for Main Street - 0
- Hudson woman, Nashua man accused of cooking meth - 1
- Hollis citizens speaking out against controversial gas pipeline - 4
- UNH library halts book disposal after complaints - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Valenti Modified race was top shelf - 0
- Manchester school official points to 7 weapons cases not brought to conduct committee - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
Michigan’s ban: Sotomayor’s ‘disadvantages’