Traffic on Rockingham Road in Derry returning to normal
This bridge was just completed as part of a town water and sewer project on Rockingham Road. A section of the road opened last week after being closed for weeks because of the project.hunter mcgee
The project that began in September to build a new bridge and install water and sewer utilities reopened last Tuesday, a day ahead of schedule, said Mike Fowler, public works director.
Rockingham Road resident Lorin Earle stands in his front yard as motorists drive by Monday. He said the road closure was nice while it lasted because it made it easier for him to get out of his driveway. hunter mcgee
But conditions have improved with the road reopening, she added.
In the past, residents living near the old culvert experienced flooding sometimes when the brook would overflow. Hopefully, the new bridge will help alleviate the flooding, she said.
Tarquinio praised the workers who assisted her family with accessing Rockingham Road during some of the work.
Next-door neighbor Lorin Earle said he probably has a different view of the project than other residents. During the project, Earle said it was much easier leaving his driveway than when the road was open. Earle said he typically goes in the opposite direction from where the section was closed, so he didn’t have to detour around it and it made his departure much quicker.
Some businesses that reported delays during the project said the road’s reopening has helped conditions return to normal.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Stark Covered Bridge repairs underway, to be completed in Spring 2015 - 0
- Londonderry allows DOT to assume management of Exit 4A project - 0
- DOT orders bridge closure in West Swanzey - 0
- Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A - 0
- Traffic change Wednesday for Keene State move-in day - 0
- Historic Blair Bridge in Campton reopened - 1
- Creative ways to finance rail in NH pushed - 11
- Hudson grapples with traffic concerns as industrial park grows - 0
- Nashua transportation roundtable event canceled - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- School's out for voters - 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 6
- Brown, Shaheen run hardest where support is deepest - 0
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 0
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 0
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- UNH Notebook: Albany is much improved - 0
- MVP Bumgarner rides to the rescue for Giants' third World Series win in five years - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer