Home » News » Health » Affordable Care Act
Businesses share Obamacare frustrations, fears
She said the correspondence falls into four categories — people concerned about access to the government website, people receiving premium increase notices, hospitals being excluded from the state's health insurance exchange and employers trying to anticipate the changes. (Related story, Page A2.)
The Republican heard from Mike Ambrogi, chief operations officer with Novacure, a medical device start-up company in Portsmouth being hit with the 2.3 percent medical device tax on revenue.
She said she sees the legislation as driving up health care costs instead of reducing them. She said above all things, there needs to be more choice.
Thomas Harte is president of Landmark Benefits, which represents about 300 companies across New England as a health insurance broker.
Self-insured companies, such as Goss International, seem to be doing better. Pascal Orliac, vice-president for global human resources with Goss said rates for the 400-employee company in Durham went up about four percent during the recent renewal, which is uncommonly low.
He said as a result, some employees are considering just taking the fine and not signing up for health insurance at all.
Buchanan said the cost of health insurance for young people is "atrocious." He does not think as many young people are going to enroll as the administration would like.
Ayotte noted although website issues at healthcare.gov have been addressed on the front end, they remain on the back end, with no mechanism in place to get subsidies to insurance companies and then to providers.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Supreme Court hears Hobby Lobby's birth control coverage challenge today - 53
- State’s high risk insurance pool to close June 30 - 0
- $2 million federal grant targets New Hampshire health exchange - 3
- Obama allows health plan renewals for 2 more years - 3
- Health insurance help offered in three languages at Elliot facilities - 0
- Ayotte says medical device tax a crusher - 20
- Aetna expects to lose money on Obamacare exchanges despite recent pickup in business - 2
- Feds to look at Obamacare networks after Shea-Porter request - 27
- Shea-Porter tells Obama 'some people' should resign over flawed ACA roll-out - 18
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Legal Perspective -- Health care decision making: Pending legislation fills gap - 0
- GoShopNH offers workshop to NH artisans on selling their products online - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Be a student of your profession - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Lacrosse: Bedford proving Division I-worthy - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Londonderry's Corey escapes seventh-inning jam in win - 0
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter - 0
- Top-ranked B's seek to tie up series - 0
- Bottoms up for Red Sox in win over Orioles - 0
- Struggling Fisher Cats defeated again - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
NH Easter Egg Hunts 2014