Home » News » Health » Affordable Care Act
Businesses share Obamacare frustrations, fears
She said the correspondence falls into four categories — people concerned about access to the government website, people receiving premium increase notices, hospitals being excluded from the state's health insurance exchange and employers trying to anticipate the changes. (Related story, Page A2.)
The Republican heard from Mike Ambrogi, chief operations officer with Novacure, a medical device start-up company in Portsmouth being hit with the 2.3 percent medical device tax on revenue.
She said she sees the legislation as driving up health care costs instead of reducing them. She said above all things, there needs to be more choice.
Thomas Harte is president of Landmark Benefits, which represents about 300 companies across New England as a health insurance broker.
Self-insured companies, such as Goss International, seem to be doing better. Pascal Orliac, vice-president for global human resources with Goss said rates for the 400-employee company in Durham went up about four percent during the recent renewal, which is uncommonly low.
He said as a result, some employees are considering just taking the fine and not signing up for health insurance at all.
Buchanan said the cost of health insurance for young people is "atrocious." He does not think as many young people are going to enroll as the administration would like.
Ayotte noted although website issues at healthcare.gov have been addressed on the front end, they remain on the back end, with no mechanism in place to get subsidies to insurance companies and then to providers.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Patriots trade backup QB - 0
- NH police on lookout for drunken drivers - 1
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Bob Smith gets A+ from NH Firearms Coalition - 4
- Marine Patrol called to multiple crashes - 0
- Hiker rescued on Mount Monadnock - 0
- Laconia accident results in minor injuries for motorcyclist - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Time for Market Basket to get back to business - 0
- Playing for a purpose Field Hockey Jamboree at Manchester Memorial - 0
- Franklin Pierce's Kirsh to retire as AD - 0
NH's teen pregnancy still lowest nationwide
Amnesty? Garcia is against it
George Will: Paul Ryan's way forward