Home » News » Health » Affordable Care Act
Businesses share Obamacare frustrations, fears
She said the correspondence falls into four categories — people concerned about access to the government website, people receiving premium increase notices, hospitals being excluded from the state's health insurance exchange and employers trying to anticipate the changes. (Related story, Page A2.)
The Republican heard from Mike Ambrogi, chief operations officer with Novacure, a medical device start-up company in Portsmouth being hit with the 2.3 percent medical device tax on revenue.
She said she sees the legislation as driving up health care costs instead of reducing them. She said above all things, there needs to be more choice.
Thomas Harte is president of Landmark Benefits, which represents about 300 companies across New England as a health insurance broker.
Self-insured companies, such as Goss International, seem to be doing better. Pascal Orliac, vice-president for global human resources with Goss said rates for the 400-employee company in Durham went up about four percent during the recent renewal, which is uncommonly low.
He said as a result, some employees are considering just taking the fine and not signing up for health insurance at all.
Buchanan said the cost of health insurance for young people is "atrocious." He does not think as many young people are going to enroll as the administration would like.
Ayotte noted although website issues at healthcare.gov have been addressed on the front end, they remain on the back end, with no mechanism in place to get subsidies to insurance companies and then to providers.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- Public be damned: Litchfield latest example - 2
- NH's 9/11 victims: We cannot forget - 0
- Celebrating Stark: And America, in Manchester - 0
- NH's Obamabots: Taking their cues from party bosses - 66
- Spending & voting: MayDay's wasted money - 5
- For the NH GOP: Two new stars - 13
- 9/11 memories revived: 'A quiet, unyielding anger' - 8
- Shaheen vs. free speech: She wants to silence you - 24
- Immigration scam: Obama hides his plan - 17
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man stabbed in leg in Manchester incident - 0
- Senate sustains Hassan veto of bill to revamp juvenile justice system - 0
- Possible negotiated plea for Nashua dad accused of negligent homicide in son's death - 0
- Amherst man facing charges in August Merrimack accident - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Brown calls on Shaheen to back bill targeting ISIS - 4
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Woman shot during Manchester drug raid is identified - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Football Power Poll; Who's No. 1 this week? - 0
In 2nd District race, Garcia bucks Obamacare
Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom
Find the hidden cash stashed downtown
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Your Turn, NH -- Ted Menswar Jr.: How Manchester pulled together to honor one of its greats