Apr 19, 2014
Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand
The incident happened just after 9 p.m. Tuesday near 109 S. Broadway. An officer pulled over Randy Brown, 47, who said his driver's license was revoked for DWI. The officer confirmed the information and then asked Brown to step out of the car because he was under arrest.
A second officer arrived on the scene to assist, but Brown refused to get out of the vehicle. After several attempts to convince him to get out, the officers reached inside to remove him.
Brown, who police said is 6-foot-4 and weighs 240 pounds, allegedly began to fight them and stabbed one of the officers in the hand with his car keys. Police said he continued to try and stab and punch both officers and subsequently, he was zapped with a stun gun and then arrested.
Police said Brown remained combative and repeatedly spat at the officers.
Both officers were treated at the scene for cuts and scrapes, and one was treated at Parkland Medical Center for a hand wound and required a tetanus shot.
Brown refused bail and was later taken to the Rockingham County jail pending arraignment. He is charged with two counts of simple assault, resisting arrest, driving after revocation and motor vehicle infractions.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Suspect arrested, loot recovered 10 minutes after Derry bank robbery - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Teen recruited juvenile for burglaries - 0
- Cell phones, speakers stolen in separate incidents - 0
- Police say three lured contractor to robbery through Craigslist - 0
- Little League speakers stolen from Precourt Park - 0
- Ex-Fortune 500 executive now facing assault charge in addition to murder counts - 0
- Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison - 0
- Prosecutors to ask 4 years in prison for former Manchester diocese official - 0
- Stolen scratch tickets lead police to Portsmouth suspect - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry councilors critical of town’s economic development website - 0
- Ellsbury propels Yanks over Sox - 0
- Bruins shut out Wings - 0
- Phaneuf leads Derryfield laxers past Pelham - 0
- High School Volleyball results - 0
- House committee opposes bill to keep mental health records out of federal gun checks - 0
- Derry library's proposed 2015 budget moves forward - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs find a home away from home - 0
- Fish & Game Club planning ahead for fireworks event - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
High School Volleyball results
Shaheen touts land conservation fund
Bruins shut out Wings
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917