Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand
The incident happened just after 9 p.m. Tuesday near 109 S. Broadway. An officer pulled over Randy Brown, 47, who said his driver's license was revoked for DWI. The officer confirmed the information and then asked Brown to step out of the car because he was under arrest.
A second officer arrived on the scene to assist, but Brown refused to get out of the vehicle. After several attempts to convince him to get out, the officers reached inside to remove him.
Brown, who police said is 6-foot-4 and weighs 240 pounds, allegedly began to fight them and stabbed one of the officers in the hand with his car keys. Police said he continued to try and stab and punch both officers and subsequently, he was zapped with a stun gun and then arrested.
Police said Brown remained combative and repeatedly spat at the officers.
Both officers were treated at the scene for cuts and scrapes, and one was treated at Parkland Medical Center for a hand wound and required a tetanus shot.
Brown refused bail and was later taken to the Rockingham County jail pending arraignment. He is charged with two counts of simple assault, resisting arrest, driving after revocation and motor vehicle infractions.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 23
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 4
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 8
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917