Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand
The incident happened just after 9 p.m. Tuesday near 109 S. Broadway. An officer pulled over Randy Brown, 47, who said his driver's license was revoked for DWI. The officer confirmed the information and then asked Brown to step out of the car because he was under arrest.
A second officer arrived on the scene to assist, but Brown refused to get out of the vehicle. After several attempts to convince him to get out, the officers reached inside to remove him.
Brown, who police said is 6-foot-4 and weighs 240 pounds, allegedly began to fight them and stabbed one of the officers in the hand with his car keys. Police said he continued to try and stab and punch both officers and subsequently, he was zapped with a stun gun and then arrested.
Police said Brown remained combative and repeatedly spat at the officers.
Both officers were treated at the scene for cuts and scrapes, and one was treated at Parkland Medical Center for a hand wound and required a tetanus shot.
Brown refused bail and was later taken to the Rockingham County jail pending arraignment. He is charged with two counts of simple assault, resisting arrest, driving after revocation and motor vehicle infractions.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Police say woman broke into Hollis home and took pictures - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
- Raymond man faces possession of child porn charges - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917