Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Hannaford parking lot encounter involved a shotgun
Craig Driggers had his daughter, Sydney, in the cart when he said he was threatened over a parking dispute. (KATHY MARCHOCKI/UNION LEADER)
But Driggers' 20-month-old daughter, Sydney, was in her car seat behind him and his disabled mom was sitting beside him when Richard Sinotte, 53, allegedly threatened him outside Hannaford's supermarket about 10:30 a.m. Tuesday.
He said his mother, Marcia Fowler, 62, politely asked the driver, "Please wait a moment."
"I said I'm sorry but we're going to be here 30 seconds. Please exercise an ounce of patience," added Driggers, a radio disk jockey who works weekends at 106.3 Frank FM-WFNQ in Nashua.
"If you hit this vehicle with my infant daughter in it, it's not going to go well for you," Driggers said he warned Sinotte.
"He very clearly showed it to me and said something to the effect, 'How well do you think it will go for you?," Driggers recounted. Driggers said the man never pointed the shotgun at him and put the weapon back down.
Police said they arrived to find Sinotte standing outside his truck and a 12-gauge Remington shotgun lying on the front passenger seat inside. It was not loaded. Police seized the weapon and 10 shells.
"I'm so heartbroken," an emotional Sinotte said when reached for comment at his 137 Vinton St. home. Sinotte said he spent the morning deer hunting and stopped at the store to return some items when he encountered Driggers.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus