Home » News » Public Safety
Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized
The boy and his 8-year-old brother were returning after walking their friend's dog home when the accident occurred just before 5 p.m., Streeter said.
The boy was thrown about three feet and lost his left shoe from the impact, Streeter said.
Medeiros also lives on Maple Avenue, Streeter said.
Streeter said the cause of the accident remains under investigation.
His brother wasn't hurt.
Mike Pivero, the town's road agent who also lives on Maple Avenue and is a friend of the boy's family, said he arrived just after the accident. He said the boy remained conscious while rescue personnel treated him at the scene.
Pivero described the boy as a "great kid."
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 38
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads