Home » News » Public Safety
Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized
The boy and his 8-year-old brother were returning after walking their friend's dog home when the accident occurred just before 5 p.m., Streeter said.
The boy was thrown about three feet and lost his left shoe from the impact, Streeter said.
Medeiros also lives on Maple Avenue, Streeter said.
Streeter said the cause of the accident remains under investigation.
His brother wasn't hurt.
Mike Pivero, the town's road agent who also lives on Maple Avenue and is a friend of the boy's family, said he arrived just after the accident. He said the boy remained conscious while rescue personnel treated him at the scene.
Pivero described the boy as a "great kid."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Father of missing Conway teen says he wants custody of his daughter - 0
- Mass. man safe after crashing plane into Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Lebanon police lieutenant resigns during internal probe into faking of fitness test results - 0
- Hampton man still in critical condition from Rte. 125 crash - 0
- UPDATE: Pilot OK after Lake Winnipesaukee plane crash - 0
- Hampton man in critical condition after crash on Route 125 - 0
- Concord water main break diverts traffic - 0
- Claremont convent ravaged by fire to be razed - 0
- Hampton woman pulled from truck, in hospital after I-95 crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry councilors critical of town’s economic development website - 0
- Candia teen faces more counts in connection with burglary - 0
- Suspect arrested, loot recovered 10 minutes after Derry bank robbery - 0
- Ellsbury propels Yanks over Sox - 0
- Bruins shut out Wings - 0
- Phaneuf leads Derryfield laxers past Pelham - 0
- High School Volleyball results - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Teen recruited juvenile for burglaries - 0
- Cell phones, speakers stolen in separate incidents - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
Shaheen touts land conservation fund
High School Volleyball results
Bruins shut out Wings
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing