Home » News » Public Safety
Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized
The boy and his 8-year-old brother were returning after walking their friend's dog home when the accident occurred just before 5 p.m., Streeter said.
The boy was thrown about three feet and lost his left shoe from the impact, Streeter said.
Medeiros also lives on Maple Avenue, Streeter said.
Streeter said the cause of the accident remains under investigation.
His brother wasn't hurt.
Mike Pivero, the town's road agent who also lives on Maple Avenue and is a friend of the boy's family, said he arrived just after the accident. He said the boy remained conscious while rescue personnel treated him at the scene.
Pivero described the boy as a "great kid."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Motorcyclist suffers minor injuries in Saturday crash in Laconia - 0
- 18-year-old located with mother, brother on Mount Monadnock - 0
- Two killed in North Hampton plane crash - 0
- New fire training facility proposed in Nashua - 0
- 2 die in North Hampton plane crash - 0
- NH police on lookout for drunken drivers - 5
- Marine Patrol called to multiple crashes - 0
- Hiker rescued on Mount Monadnock - 0
- Laconia accident results in minor injuries for motorcyclist - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Know the Law: Know your rights when dealing with debt collectors - 0
- Ask SCORE: Getting help with routine chores allows owners to focus on critical issues - 0
- Another View - Richard Ober: We have to act now to stop the decline in NH's future prospects - 0
- Another View: Gordon Humphrey -- Rubens will bring principled, courageous leadership to Senate - 2
- Firefly dress could set the world on fire - 0
- As school year starts, talk of new testing begins in Manchester - 1
- Wildcats focus on positives following opening loss - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey Preview: Exeter, Pinkerton girls thinking big - 0
- Frank Jones' foray into ale-making in Portsmouth is a success - 0
Two killed in North Hampton plane crash
DWI License Revocations
Sherborne takes Manchester city golf crown
Another View: Gordon Humphrey -- Rubens will bring principled, courageous leadership to Senate
'Our job is to rebuild that middle class'
The JV team: Obama's unbelievable admission