Home » News » Health » Affordable Care Act
U.S. insurers warn of problems with Obamacare enrollment surge
Daniel Durham, a vice president for policy and regulatory affairs at America's Health Insurance Plans, a lobby group for health insurers, said companies were regularly receiving faulty enrollment forms. He did not give details on how frequently the errors were appearing.
The White House said that more than a million people had visited HealthCare.gov on Monday, the first day after major technical repairs to the website. It did not say how many people had completed applications and enrolled in new plans.
Obama on Tuesday encouraged Americans to look beyond the website and recognize the benefits of the law known as Obamacare. "The bottom line is this law is working and will work into the future. People want the financial stability of health insurance," Obama said in a speech.
She also said that while there have been improvements with the website's performance, Aetna is helping "identify, prioritize and test additional issues."
"We believe that and are confident that they will be able to ensure that accuracy in time for the January 1st beginning of coverage for those who have signed up for it," he said.
Republicans in Congress and conservative groups have attacked the law relentlessly as an example of government overreach, criticism that has snowballed since the problems with HealthCare.gov.
Democrats in the House of Representatives who met with White House officials on Tuesday said they plan to counter Republican attacks on the law with stories about people it has helped.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sen. Ayotte says strategy is needed to defeat ISIS - 1
- Mass. journalist freed in Syria; kidnappers are a rival group of Foley's murderers - 0
- Close to a thousand people remember James Foley at service in Rochester - 1
- Brian’s Ride Home benefits Afghanistan veteran - 0
- U.S. opens criminal probe into death - 0
- News veteran Balboni says Foley 'found his calling' covering war zones. - 0
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza - 0
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 31
- Family of slain journalist James Foley calls for more action to save others - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate