Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Conn. man charged in hit and run
MANCHESTER — A Connecticut truck driver was arrested in a hit-and-run accident Wednesday on Second Street in which a BMW was dragged more than 20 feet.
The accident happened about 9:15 a.m. at the intersection of Second Street and Queen City Avenue. Jamie Maine, 24, of Deerfield, was driving north on Second Street in the right-turn lane, approaching the Queen City Bridge.
A tractor trailer traveling in the lane next to Maine’s BMW struck her car and dragged it about 20 feet over a curb and onto a sidewalk, police said. Maine was not injured.
The tractor trailer did not stop and instead continued east across the bridge. A witness called police and followed the truck as it made its way to Petco on South Willow Street.
Officer Scott Ardita located the truck, which police said had damage on the right rear tires of the trailer and was consistent with the accident.
The driver, Hensley Dowe, 48, of Norwalk, Conn., was arrested and charged with conduct after an accident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus