Warner officials research solar energy project
Town Administrator Jim Bingham said several town officials took a "walk-around" last month with Jonathan Gregory of SunRay Solar, LLC of Concord.
Officials were looking for an area about half of the size of the town's soccer field, although the space does not necessarily need to be in that shape, he said.
They found what appears to be the optimal spot, in an area of space on one end of Bagley Field, the school's soccer field.
The idea would be to provide electricity to 10 town buildings — likely to include the community center, town hall, police station, fire station, village precinct building, pump station and the highway department building.
The plan is for the project to pay for itself within five to seven years.
"The goal is to be electrically self-sufficient," Bingham said."It would provide for our current needs, and our future needs. Who wouldn't want to go without having to pay electric bills?"
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Thomas Sowell: A primer on race and do-gooders - 0
- Ramesh Ponnuru: There is no basis for liberal Hobby Lobby outrage - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: NH energy projects should produce wins for everyone - 15
- Another View - Kevin Baine: No, the Hobby Lobby ruling won't deny anyone contraception - 6
- Jonah Goldberg: Liberals dislike America - 2
- Another View -- David Ignatius: Iran overplays its hand - 0
- John Stossel: There's capitalism, and then there's crony capitalism - 1
- David Harsanyi: Not surprising more Americans believe freedom is overrated - 1
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: Water-loving dogs should be watched so they don't overdo it - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph - 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 5
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 5
- Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot - 1
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax