Home » News » Public Safety
Newton boy badly hurt when struck by SUV while walking
Anthony Lebel is listed in serious condition in the intensive care unit at Boston Children’s Hospital, a hospital spokesman said Wednesday morning.
Anthony and his 8-year-old brother were returning after walking their friend’s dog home when the accident occurred just before 5 p.m., Streeter said.
Anthony, who was closest to the road, didn’t see the Jeep and was struck, Streeter said.
The driver, identified as Kevin Medeiros of Newton, stopped several feet away in the driveway of the boys’ home.
Medeiros, who lives at 43 Maple Ave., told police he didn’t see the boys, Streeter said.
Streeter said Anthony suffered what appeared to be a “significant laceration” to the back of his head and may have broken bones, Streeter said.
Pivero described Anthony as a “great kid.”
To reduce the risk of injury from passing motorists, Streeter urged pedestrians to walk against the flow of traffic so they can see vehicles coming toward them.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 1
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
- Bay State man hurt in Ripley Falls fall - 0
- Veteran Arizona officer named Rindge police chief - 3
- NH gun license form must change, critics say - 10
- Rimmon Heights honors Manchester Community Policing Division - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
KSC field hockey first in coaches poll
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate