Home » News » Public Safety
Police probe Dover official's fatal car crash
Martin J. Carignan, 87, of 22 Tates Brook Road, was pronounced dead Tuesday at 3:10 p.m. in Massachusetts General Hospital — a day after the crash near Weeden's home on Sixth Street.
Police Capt. Bill Breault said in fatal crashes it typically takes several weeks to determine what factors contributed.
Strafford County Attorney Thomas Velardi said it is much too early to make a determination. He said every case is different and not all accidents result in charges or convictions.
"It's another collision and we have to determine whether there are any criminal aspects of the case," Velardi said.
Weeden suffered minor injuries in the crash. Carignan was sent to Wentworth-Douglass Hospital in Dover before being transferred to the Boston hospital Tuesday for serious head injuries.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
- Milford police officers want to meet you for coffee - 2
- Nashua parents: Clean up the sidewalks for students' safety - 0
- Manchester police car in collision at Union and Hayward streets - 0
- Northwood fire prompts firefighters to urge residents to clean chimneys - 0
- Rochester pedestrian, 18, struck, suffers minor injuries - 0
- Haverhill man receives call every homeowner dreads - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 2
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 9
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief