Home » News » Public Safety
Police probe Dover official's fatal car crash
Martin J. Carignan, 87, of 22 Tates Brook Road, was pronounced dead Tuesday at 3:10 p.m. in Massachusetts General Hospital — a day after the crash near Weeden's home on Sixth Street.
Police Capt. Bill Breault said in fatal crashes it typically takes several weeks to determine what factors contributed.
Strafford County Attorney Thomas Velardi said it is much too early to make a determination. He said every case is different and not all accidents result in charges or convictions.
"It's another collision and we have to determine whether there are any criminal aspects of the case," Velardi said.
Weeden suffered minor injuries in the crash. Carignan was sent to Wentworth-Douglass Hospital in Dover before being transferred to the Boston hospital Tuesday for serious head injuries.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'