Home » News » Public Safety
Police probe Dover official's fatal car crash
Martin J. Carignan, 87, of 22 Tates Brook Road, was pronounced dead Tuesday at 3:10 p.m. in Massachusetts General Hospital — a day after the crash near Weeden's home on Sixth Street.
Police Capt. Bill Breault said in fatal crashes it typically takes several weeks to determine what factors contributed.
Strafford County Attorney Thomas Velardi said it is much too early to make a determination. He said every case is different and not all accidents result in charges or convictions.
"It's another collision and we have to determine whether there are any criminal aspects of the case," Velardi said.
Weeden suffered minor injuries in the crash. Carignan was sent to Wentworth-Douglass Hospital in Dover before being transferred to the Boston hospital Tuesday for serious head injuries.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- AG petitions judge to remove Rockingham County attorney from office - 0
- Poll activity slow but steady in Londonderry - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Man dies after officer-involved Rochester shooting - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'