Home » News » Public Safety
No cause yet in Woodshed restaurant fire
Finding the cause of a fire in a 19th-century former farmhouse can be difficult and time-consuming, said Fire Chief David Bengtson.
The owners of the restaurant, which was valued at $401,500 according to town tax records, said they haven't decided yet whether to rebuild. The restaurant burned down on Thanksgiving night in a fire that started just an hour after the last employee had left the building, employees said.
"We don't have any answers, all we've found so far is it's a total loss," Ouellette said Wednesday morning.
Meanwhile, Ouellette said the restaurant's owners have tried to help the restaurant's 40 employees, who were left without work when the building burned down.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Alderman, chief have heated exchange over police residency requirements - 29
- Winter heating season means homeowners need to be alert - 0
- Teen driver hospitalized following accident in Rindge - 0
- Neighbor won't be charged in shooting death of Rumney chiropractor - 14
- Despite contract provisions, most Manchester police officers live outside city - 25
- Londonderry response team celebrates 10th anniversary - 0
- Police say to expect more arrests in wake of Keene chaos - 6
- Keene police working to identify rioters, notify other colleges of students' participation - 8
- Bedford woman injured when tree falls on her - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man indicted on charge he ordered murder of city man - 0
- Husband found guilty, wife awaiting trial in murder of St. Johnsbury, Vt. teacher - 0
- No murder charge in stabbing of Manchester man in 'Black Acres;' self-defense claimed - 0
- One suspected gunman dead, police looking for more suspects in shooting at Canadian parliament - 1
- Keene police release riot images, seek help with identification - 0
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon to care for any potential NH Ebola patients, state announces - 0
- Salem mall renovations on target - 0
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 3
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 13
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?