Winnisquam teachers OK three-year contract
But the contract also drastically cuts the number of steps in the teacher contract salary system, a concession made to residents who complained that the teachers were getting overcompensated with step raises and cost-of-living raises.
The new contract would increase the number of days for teachers from the current requirement of 188 days to 189 days in year one of the contract and 190 days in year two of the contract to aid in professional development.
Another top priority in negotiating the agreement, Gagne said, was attracting and retaining quality teaching staff in the district. With a starting salary of just over $31,000, the district now ranks 8.81 percent below starting teacher salaries in the Lakes Region, with only Franklin lower at $30,152.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Gatsas incensed by unauthorized use of his phone number for 'robocalls' - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Vote on death penalty repeal set for Wednesday - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings - 1
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness