Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend
Police said a member of the street crime unit spotted what was an ongoing and escalating dispute between Omayra Morales, 26, of 84 Karatzas Ave., and Merlin Garcia-Santos, 26, at the intersection of Wilson and Cedar streets.
The officer said Morales' SUV was stopped in the intersection and Garcia-Santos was standing outside the driver's door, engaged in a physical altercation with Morales.
The officer said Garcia-Santos then began to walk away, but Morales followed him, pulled her car over and got out and started punching him.
The man moved away and Morales returned to her vehicle, driving across the oncoming traffic lane and driving up onto the sidewalk in an apparent attempt to hit Garcia-Santos, who was able to jump out of the way.
Officers also reported finding a marijuana cigarette in the vehicle and Morales was charged with misdemeanors of possession of a controlled drug and assault and cited for the seat belt and operating on the sidewalk violations.
Morales was arraigned Friday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division, where bail was continued at $2,000. A probable cause hearing on the felony was set for Jan. 6, 2014, and trial on the remaining charges was set for Jan. 27, 2014.Garcia-Santos was charged with resisting arrest and will be arraigned at a future date.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal