Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend
Police said a member of the street crime unit spotted what was an ongoing and escalating dispute between Omayra Morales, 26, of 84 Karatzas Ave., and Merlin Garcia-Santos, 26, at the intersection of Wilson and Cedar streets.
The officer said Morales' SUV was stopped in the intersection and Garcia-Santos was standing outside the driver's door, engaged in a physical altercation with Morales.
The officer said Garcia-Santos then began to walk away, but Morales followed him, pulled her car over and got out and started punching him.
The man moved away and Morales returned to her vehicle, driving across the oncoming traffic lane and driving up onto the sidewalk in an apparent attempt to hit Garcia-Santos, who was able to jump out of the way.
Officers also reported finding a marijuana cigarette in the vehicle and Morales was charged with misdemeanors of possession of a controlled drug and assault and cited for the seat belt and operating on the sidewalk violations.
Morales was arraigned Friday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division, where bail was continued at $2,000. A probable cause hearing on the felony was set for Jan. 6, 2014, and trial on the remaining charges was set for Jan. 27, 2014.Garcia-Santos was charged with resisting arrest and will be arraigned at a future date.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Manchester schools project budget surplus