Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend
Police said a member of the street crime unit spotted what was an ongoing and escalating dispute between Omayra Morales, 26, of 84 Karatzas Ave., and Merlin Garcia-Santos, 26, at the intersection of Wilson and Cedar streets.
The officer said Morales' SUV was stopped in the intersection and Garcia-Santos was standing outside the driver's door, engaged in a physical altercation with Morales.
The officer said Garcia-Santos then began to walk away, but Morales followed him, pulled her car over and got out and started punching him.
The man moved away and Morales returned to her vehicle, driving across the oncoming traffic lane and driving up onto the sidewalk in an apparent attempt to hit Garcia-Santos, who was able to jump out of the way.
Officers also reported finding a marijuana cigarette in the vehicle and Morales was charged with misdemeanors of possession of a controlled drug and assault and cited for the seat belt and operating on the sidewalk violations.
Morales was arraigned Friday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division, where bail was continued at $2,000. A probable cause hearing on the felony was set for Jan. 6, 2014, and trial on the remaining charges was set for Jan. 27, 2014.Garcia-Santos was charged with resisting arrest and will be arraigned at a future date.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-director jailed for theft from Londonderry nursery school - 1
- Ex-coach found not guilty on sexual assault charges a second time - 7
- Derry woman accused of burglaries - 0
- Scam artists calling PSNH customers, demand money - 0
- Manchester police investigate home invasion on Merrimack Street - 0
- Nashua man arrested on domestic violence charges - 0
- Rochester man arrested following crash in Somersworth Monday night - 0
- A Derry man pleads innocent to falsely claiming a master electrician license - 0
- Londonderry man accused of threatening, sexually assaulting two girls - 1
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Anonymous email was 'malicious,' says Auburn police commissioner - 0
- Senate votes to ban hand-held cellphone use in cars; bill heads back to House - 10
- Auburn town administrator under fire - 0
- Belmont High likely will keep Red Raider mascot - 3
- Ice-out on WInnipesaukee expected by late next week - 0
- Joe McQuaid - Publisher's Notebook: Veteran newsman Toole returning to fold - 0
Manchester mayor: 'It's the tax cap budget'
Derry woman accused of burglaries
Another View -- Jeff Goley and Will Infantine: Time for an increase in weekly benefits for NH unemployed
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917