Home » News » Public Safety
Missing Conway teenager remains in 'grave' danger
Investigators did not initially disclose the letter because they first needed to run tests on it — including DNA testing, handwriting and fingerprint analysis, — to confirm its authenticity, she said.
She would not say where the letter had been postmarked, what it said or whether it was written by hand. She noted "the tone" of the letter is consistent with one Abby uses. They also said they have accounted for the delay in the letter being postmarked and Abigail's mother receiving it, but would not disclose it.
"It gave us hope," Ramsey said of the letter. "We have not seen anything like that in any other previous investigation."
Asked whether Abigail has run away before, Young said "that is not a characteristic that we have seen before."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 1
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
- Bay State man hurt in Ripley Falls fall - 0
- Veteran Arizona officer named Rindge police chief - 3
- NH gun license form must change, critics say - 10
- Rimmon Heights honors Manchester Community Policing Division - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate