Home » News » Public Safety
Missing Conway teenager remains in 'grave' danger
Investigators did not initially disclose the letter because they first needed to run tests on it — including DNA testing, handwriting and fingerprint analysis, — to confirm its authenticity, she said.
She would not say where the letter had been postmarked, what it said or whether it was written by hand. She noted "the tone" of the letter is consistent with one Abby uses. They also said they have accounted for the delay in the letter being postmarked and Abigail's mother receiving it, but would not disclose it.
"It gave us hope," Ramsey said of the letter. "We have not seen anything like that in any other previous investigation."
Asked whether Abigail has run away before, Young said "that is not a characteristic that we have seen before."
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Dozens displaced by Manchester apartment building fire - 3
- Ossipee woman killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 1
- Danville couple struggling to get back on feet after explosion - 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings