Home » News » Public Safety
'Unprepared' Canadian hikers rescued from Mt. Washington
State Fish and Game officials say the hikers ran into conditions of temperatures at zero degrees and 50-mph winds when they started descending from the Ammonoosuc Ravine Trail. They were on their way down the mountain on the Auto Road when state parks and Fish and Game rescue workers found them at the three-mile mark and helped them the rest of the way.
The group of hikers from the Province of Quebec called 911 for assistance after encountering severe weather conditions Saturday afternoon. Two rescue personnel from Mount Washington State Parks and Fish and Game met up with the group around 4:45 p.m.
The group was not prepared for hiking the mountain under winter conditions, rescuers said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Memorial heroic in NHIAA Div. I basketball semifinal defeat - 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal