Home » News » Public Safety
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
Law enforcement officers immediately followed up on the tips, which "were not all confined to the Conway area" in origin, she said. Thousands of tips have been investigated by authorities thus far.
Authorities have not detailed the letter's origin or content, but said "the tone" of the letter is consistent with Abigail's writing. Authorities also said they have accounted for the delay in the letter being postmarked and Abigail's mother receiving it, but would not disclose the reason.
Noting that Abigail has no independent financial means, FBI Special Agent Kieran Ramsey said Friday "our worst fear right now is that, though she could have left willingly, someone may now be coercing her or someone may be manipulating her."
Paul Kirsch, who has been leading many of the volunteer efforts, said volunteers will be vigilant in getting Abigail's name, photo and story out to the world in hopes that someone with information about her whereabouts will come forward.
"We ask everyone to keep their efforts going looking for her and sharing her information with everyone they can and to keep reporting any tips or sightings to the FBI," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pair rescues dog from frozen Raymond river - 0
- Pilot safe after crash landing on Alton ice runway - 0
- Police dog Mingo is in even better hands - 0
- Manchester police honor their own for dedicated service - 1
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Comcast-Time Warner Cable deal would create formidable giant - 0
- NH College Notebook: Rye's Drummond sets Smith College scoring mark - 0
- NHIAA Hockey Roundup: John Stark-Hopkinton eliminates Portsmouth - 0
- Livingston scores twice as Monarchs top Providence - 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Bedford girls top Trinity to advance - 0
- Ham radio introduction and class - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Bedford rolls past Lebanon, into D-II semis - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Sprague nets hat trick to lead Central past Trinity - 0
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?
George Will: The face of IRS behavior
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness