Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Taken for a ride while taking care of dog?
When we compared notes later, the lady was still defending the hound but had concluded that it had been playing me for a sucker.
I am complaining about one thing, however. The new TV ad for the Dodge Charger automobile. It emerges from a cloud of dust as a voice announces that no kid ever had a poster of a Passat on his bedroom wall.
I do like the new cars, although they have an odd ignition system. According to the dashboard instructions that come on whenever I get behind the wheel, I need to lower the self-esteem of the brake. They don't say how so I do this by telling the brake it is fat, useless, and a real waste of material.
KNOW ANYONE who worked at the Mt. Washington Cog Railway back in the days of coal trains and overnight stays at the Summit Hotel? Next year will be 50 years since I began working there and, lo and behold, a Cog reunion is planned for next September. I would be happy to pass along contact information.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- School group favors opening JROTC at Nashua high school - 0
- Athletics Dept. employee at UNH fired over 'invasion of privacy' - 0
- Loeb School spring classes include travel writing - 0
- Windham ready to open a 'Little Shop of Horrors' - 0
- Salem to decide fate of $75m school proposal - 0
- Allenstown parents mobilize to stave off $1 million school budget cut - 0
- Busy week for voters in Hollis, Brookline - 0
- Nashua to debate school spending - 0
- Test scores tell tale of one city, several towns - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 6
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 3
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief