Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Taken for a ride while taking care of dog?
When we compared notes later, the lady was still defending the hound but had concluded that it had been playing me for a sucker.
I am complaining about one thing, however. The new TV ad for the Dodge Charger automobile. It emerges from a cloud of dust as a voice announces that no kid ever had a poster of a Passat on his bedroom wall.
I do like the new cars, although they have an odd ignition system. According to the dashboard instructions that come on whenever I get behind the wheel, I need to lower the self-esteem of the brake. They don't say how so I do this by telling the brake it is fat, useless, and a real waste of material.
KNOW ANYONE who worked at the Mt. Washington Cog Railway back in the days of coal trains and overnight stays at the Summit Hotel? Next year will be 50 years since I began working there and, lo and behold, a Cog reunion is planned for next September. I would be happy to pass along contact information.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 0
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
Murder suspect fit for trial?
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Schaller sent back to minors