Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Taken for a ride while taking care of dog?
When we compared notes later, the lady was still defending the hound but had concluded that it had been playing me for a sucker.
I am complaining about one thing, however. The new TV ad for the Dodge Charger automobile. It emerges from a cloud of dust as a voice announces that no kid ever had a poster of a Passat on his bedroom wall.
I do like the new cars, although they have an odd ignition system. According to the dashboard instructions that come on whenever I get behind the wheel, I need to lower the self-esteem of the brake. They don't say how so I do this by telling the brake it is fat, useless, and a real waste of material.
KNOW ANYONE who worked at the Mt. Washington Cog Railway back in the days of coal trains and overnight stays at the Summit Hotel? Next year will be 50 years since I began working there and, lo and behold, a Cog reunion is planned for next September. I would be happy to pass along contact information.
READER COMMENTS: 7
- IT overload: Bureaucracy on bureaucracy - 1
- Taxes and spending: Washington vs. NH - 12
- Texting while stopped: Banning safe behavior - 5
- Lives not lost: As long as we remember - 0
- Slammed: A Seabrook officer indicted - 9
- Abuse in school: A city teacher and a late report - 2
- Computerized firearms: Holder's bad gun idea - 3
- Republican diversity: NH welcomes political ideas - 8
- Reams vs. Foster: A power grab struck down - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Legal Perspective -- Health care decision making: Pending legislation fills gap - 0
- GoShopNH offers workshop to NH artisans on selling their products online - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Be a student of your profession - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Lacrosse: Bedford proving Division I-worthy - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Londonderry's Corey escapes seventh-inning jam in win - 0
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter - 0
- Top-ranked B's seek to tie up series - 0
- Bottoms up for Red Sox in win over Orioles - 0
- Struggling Fisher Cats defeated again - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire