Abigail's mother speaks of hope on ABC's Good Morning America
"I want to see you again Abby, I do," she said.
The segment was filmed Sunday by an ABC News team that came to New Hampshire, and volunteers working to find Abigail, who was last seen on Oct. 9, said the interview brought great national exposure to the missing person case.
Announcers quoted Zenya Hernandez as saying in the time since she last saw Abigail she has dreams about her daughter, "and I don't want to wake up and see this nightmare."
They asked Zenya Hernandez about the letter she received Nov. 6 that investigators said came from Abigail.
"It was really numbing for the first three, four weeks, and then I received the letter and it was like, exhilarating," she said. "I went from constantly thinking, 'What could have happened?' going through every theory and case scenario in my head nonstop, to 'Okay, there's hope,' " she said.
"I'm just praying that some miracle happens," she said.
Hernandez explained that not hearing negative reports about Abby has helped.
"A lot of people say I'm living through the worst thing a parent can live through, which it is very hard, but I'm relieved every day that we don't have bad news," she said.
"I will never stop looking. I will never lose hope."
Investigators have not revealed details of the letter.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- School group favors opening JROTC at Nashua high school - 0
- Athletics Dept. employee at UNH fired over 'invasion of privacy' - 0
- Loeb School spring classes include travel writing - 0
- Windham ready to open a 'Little Shop of Horrors' - 0
- Salem to decide fate of $75m school proposal - 0
- Allenstown parents mobilize to stave off $1 million school budget cut - 0
- Busy week for voters in Hollis, Brookline - 0
- Nashua to debate school spending - 0
- Test scores tell tale of one city, several towns - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 6
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 3
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief