Abigail's mother speaks of hope on ABC's Good Morning America
"I want to see you again Abby, I do," she said.
The segment was filmed Sunday by an ABC News team that came to New Hampshire, and volunteers working to find Abigail, who was last seen on Oct. 9, said the interview brought great national exposure to the missing person case.
Announcers quoted Zenya Hernandez as saying in the time since she last saw Abigail she has dreams about her daughter, "and I don't want to wake up and see this nightmare."
They asked Zenya Hernandez about the letter she received Nov. 6 that investigators said came from Abigail.
"It was really numbing for the first three, four weeks, and then I received the letter and it was like, exhilarating," she said. "I went from constantly thinking, 'What could have happened?' going through every theory and case scenario in my head nonstop, to 'Okay, there's hope,' " she said.
"I'm just praying that some miracle happens," she said.
Hernandez explained that not hearing negative reports about Abby has helped.
"A lot of people say I'm living through the worst thing a parent can live through, which it is very hard, but I'm relieved every day that we don't have bad news," she said.
"I will never stop looking. I will never lose hope."
Investigators have not revealed details of the letter.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View - Charles Lane: Obama's wedge issue is the seductive lure of golf - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: If the Islamic State is not evil, then what is? - 2
- George Will: Will we build the Navy we need? - 1
- Betsy McCaughey: Congress should take the lead on Iraq - 2
- Another View - Rick Santorum: When Israel needs our help, we have to be there - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Liberal urban police policies won't quell riots - 0
- Another View -- Frank Guinta: I am uniquely qualified to represent NH in Congress - 12
- Deroy Murdock: The indictment of Rick Perry is bizarre and unfounded - 0
- Another View - Marc Champion: A strong terror policy would cure Obama's golf woes - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Weekly brother gave police wrong name