Home » News » Public Safety
Newington accident victim succumbs to her injuries
Ellen Busch, 75, passed away at 12:30 p.m. Sunday at Portsmouth Regional Hospital, where she had been transported after the accident.
According to Newington Police Lt. Scott Qualls, Busch had family in the area who were with her pretty much around the clock from the time of the accident until she passed away.
Qualls said Busch was in a crosswalk near the Old Navy and Ulta stores at the Crossings at Fox Run shopping mall Friday just after 7 p.m. when she was struck by a Dodge 1500 truck driven by Christopher Denen, 52, of York, Maine.
Denen called in the accident and was on scene when fire crews arrived two to three minutes later, but no other witnesses came forward at the scene.
Qualls said they are still looking for witnesses who may have seen the accident in the busy parking lot, which was full of holiday shoppers at the time.
Qualls said every time he goes into one of those parking lots, he is amazed at the number of people walking around and then how few witnesses there seem to be when something like this happens.
"At this point, we have not talked to any witnesses," Qualls said. He said two people have called in, but police are still waiting for them to come give statements in person.
"It's always important if someone was in the area because any minor details, someone who might think something as minute as just saying they saw a person or vehicle in a certain position at a certain time may be very important to our investigation," Qualls said. "We always consider everything helpful."
So far, no charges have been filed and the accident remains under investigation. Qualls said there was no real indication at the scene of alcohol or speed being involved, but nothing has been ruled out.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Market Basket deal reached; Arthur T. Demoulas to return - 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
- Manchester men charged with drive-by shooting in Nashua - 0
- Multiple reports say deal reached for Arthur T. to buy Market Basket - 0
- Fisher Cats get behind early, fall to Senators - 0
- Sox downed on pinch-hit homer - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Weekly brother gave police wrong name