Home » News » Public Safety
Police check out bomb threat at Sanborn Regional High
Principal Brian Stack said the message referred to a bomb in the school but provided no time, location, or other details.
Police were called to the school around 10:30 a.m. to investigate the threat.
During a search of the building, police reported that a "suspicious package" was discovered on the second floor of the school.
Superintendent Brian Blake said the "package" later turned out to be a band instrument.
Shortly after police responded, Stack issued a statement to the school community.
"At 10:30 this morning, the administration was made aware of a potential safety concern for the high school campus. The Kingston Police Department was immediately notified and decided the best course of action was to internally evacuate students and staff to a safe and secure area while the building was thoroughly checked. Once the building was cleared by the police the school resumed normal operation," Stack said in the statement.
The incident remains under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 1
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
- Bay State man hurt in Ripley Falls fall - 0
- Veteran Arizona officer named Rindge police chief - 3
- NH gun license form must change, critics say - 10
- Rimmon Heights honors Manchester Community Policing Division - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate