Home » News » Public Safety
Police check out bomb threat at Sanborn Regional High
Principal Brian Stack said the message referred to a bomb in the school but provided no time, location, or other details.
Police were called to the school around 10:30 a.m. to investigate the threat.
During a search of the building, police reported that a "suspicious package" was discovered on the second floor of the school.
Superintendent Brian Blake said the "package" later turned out to be a band instrument.
Shortly after police responded, Stack issued a statement to the school community.
"At 10:30 this morning, the administration was made aware of a potential safety concern for the high school campus. The Kingston Police Department was immediately notified and decided the best course of action was to internally evacuate students and staff to a safe and secure area while the building was thoroughly checked. Once the building was cleared by the police the school resumed normal operation," Stack said in the statement.
The incident remains under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
- Plaistow police chief passes away after battle with cancer - 0
- Fire damages building at Jaffrey transfer station - 0
- Manchester chief now one of 2 finalists for Somerville post - 0
- Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long - 1
- Jaffrey fire at transfer station - 0
- Manchester police chief a finalist for Somerville job - 2
- Officials probe fire at Jaffrey trash sorting building - 0
- Missing Conway girl's mother not giving up hope - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland Sea Dogs get past NH Fisher Cats in righty’s first AA start of season - 0
- Keene Swamp Bats edge Sanford in NECBL action - 0
- Manchester's Hanover St. block party kicks off block party season - 0
- Little, MacDonald 1-2 in wild K&N 100 in Loudon - 0
- Kyle Busch focused leading up to Camping World RV Sales 301 - 0
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Hosts hoping for extended Little League district final - 0
- Manchester forums will allow public to question principal finalists - 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
Outrageous waste: You overpaid by how much?
Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy
Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles