Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Anderson lewdness trial is delayed
Anderson's trial was set for Friday, Dec. 13, in the 10th Circuit Court in Derry, but that date had to be changed because of a scheduling conflict. The trial will now be postponed until at least after Feb. 7; a new trial date has not been set, according to court officials.
In papers filed with the court last month, Anderson's attorney James Rosenberg argued that his client was in the privacy of his own home when the alleged inappropriate conduct occurred."The salesman did not immediately leave the home despite the fact that Mr. Anderson was said to have been in the nude and the visit lasted as long as 10 minutes," Rosenberg said.The salesman, by his own admission, continued to "pitch" the satellite TV product in Anderson's home, Rosenberg said
Rosenberg directed a subpoena to DirectTV to supply copies of its policies and procedures "regarding its sales people entering homes and leaving their phone numbers behind."But after the company refused to supply the materials, Rosenberg then asked that the court subpoena the DirectTV information.
Rockingham County Attorney Kristen Wilson objected to the motion to compel discovery of the sales procedures and other materials. Wilson wrote that by entering the home while Anderson was in the nude and staying for a brief period of time, it is unreasonable to argue that the salesman could have invited or enjoyed Anderson's inappropriate conduct.
Anderson was placed on administrative leave on July 12. He was discharged without cause in late October and was to receive a settlement of approximately $45,000, according to a signed separation agreement. He remains free on $2,000 personal recognizance.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth