Home » News » Public Safety
Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp
NASHUA — A Hollis teen died Monday night when his 2009 Nissan Titan pickup crashed on the Exit 1 on-ramp to the F.E. Everett Turnpike.
Cameron Ricard, 17, lost control of the truck just before 10:30 p.m. while traveling north on the Exit 1A off-ramp. The truck spun out, hit the right side guardrail and vaulted over it, according to state police.
It then rolled over at least once, onto the Exit 1 on-ramp and came to rest upright, facing the wrong way on the ramp.
Police said Ricard suffered massive trauma and died at the scene.
Alcohol does not appear to be a factor in the crash, state police said.
The investigation continues. Anyone with information is asked to call Trooper M.R. Dore of Troop B at 666-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
- Milford police officers want to meet you for coffee - 2
- Nashua parents: Clean up the sidewalks for students' safety - 0
- Manchester police car in collision at Union and Hayward streets - 0
- Northwood fire prompts firefighters to urge residents to clean chimneys - 0
- Rochester pedestrian, 18, struck, suffers minor injuries - 0
- Haverhill man receives call every homeowner dreads - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 2
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 9
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief