Home » News » Public Safety
Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp
NASHUA — A Hollis teen died Monday night when his 2009 Nissan Titan pickup crashed on the Exit 1 on-ramp to the F.E. Everett Turnpike.
Cameron Ricard, 17, lost control of the truck just before 10:30 p.m. while traveling north on the Exit 1A off-ramp. The truck spun out, hit the right side guardrail and vaulted over it, according to state police.
It then rolled over at least once, onto the Exit 1 on-ramp and came to rest upright, facing the wrong way on the ramp.
Police said Ricard suffered massive trauma and died at the scene.
Alcohol does not appear to be a factor in the crash, state police said.
The investigation continues. Anyone with information is asked to call Trooper M.R. Dore of Troop B at 666-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua - 0
- Police officer, firefighter team up to rescue dog from frozen Raymond river - 0
- Pilot safe after crash landing on Alton ice runway - 0
- Police dog Mingo is in even better hands - 0
- Manchester police honor their own for dedicated service - 1
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Gatsas incesed by unauthorized use of his phone number for 'robocalls' - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Vote on death penalty repeal set for Wednesday - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings - 0
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness
NH native holds lead spot in Iditarod
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?