Home » News » Public Safety
Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp
NASHUA — A Hollis teen died Monday night when his 2009 Nissan Titan pickup crashed on the Exit 1 on-ramp to the F.E. Everett Turnpike.
Cameron Ricard, 17, lost control of the truck just before 10:30 p.m. while traveling north on the Exit 1A off-ramp. The truck spun out, hit the right side guardrail and vaulted over it, according to state police.
It then rolled over at least once, onto the Exit 1 on-ramp and came to rest upright, facing the wrong way on the ramp.
Police said Ricard suffered massive trauma and died at the scene.
Alcohol does not appear to be a factor in the crash, state police said.
The investigation continues. Anyone with information is asked to call Trooper M.R. Dore of Troop B at 666-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- ‘Coffee with a Cop’ promotes police, community relations - 0
- Merrimack fire quickly doused - 0
- UPDATED: One seriously hurt, 12 homeless after early morning Manchester fire - 0
- Snowmobiler injured while riding on Thornton golf course - 1
- Dartmouth under fire for response to incidents of rape on campus - 1
- NH hospital personnel to train for disasters - 0
- Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season - 0
- Driver seriously injured in Londonderry wreck - 0
- Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua teen charged with robbery - 0
- U.S. attorneys general urge Wal-Mart, other retailers to stop selling tobacco - 1
- Area firefighters save Nottingham home after chimney fire spreads - 0
- Manchester police search for bank robber - 0
- Police investigating possible stabbing of man, 22, on Lake Avenue - 1
- As city health costs soar, ‘wellness’ post pushed in Manchester - 11
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parents share what 'CJ' taught them - 0
- Gilford High junior surprised by Francis Wayland Parker honor - 0
- Police bill disputed by Stewartstown and Colebrook ends up in court - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay
Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting
Litchfield man found stabbed
Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot
Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents