Home » News » Public Safety
Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze
CAMPTON — A woman injured her hip when she fell while trying to escape a smoky fire at her Route 3 home Monday night.
Fire Chief Daniel Defosses said the woman, whose name he did not know, made it to the front door of her 1298 Route 3 home where firefighters helped her out. She was transported to Speare Memorial Hospital in Plymouth for treatment.
One other person was home at the time of the blaze.
Defosses said the fire, reported at 11:10 p.m., was in a bedroom.
"It was a small, smoldering fire," he said. "It looks like it possibly started in a lamp, but it definitely was accidental."
Firefighters quickly extinguished it, he said.
Assisting Campton firefighters were crews from Plymouth and Ashland.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Cryans wins Grantham in Executive Council race - 0
- Coming bad weatherpostpones NHIAA tourney contests - 0
- Middlebrooks homers; Red Sox win, lose one - 0
- Waterville Valley town clerk saying goodbye to post - 0
- Kids get out and vote in Weare - 0
- Hollis voters set to gather for annual Town Meeting Wednesday - 0
- Turnout light in Derry as of early afternoon - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon' - 4
- Sheriff, chief question Shaheen’s recent vote on controversial Obama nominee - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Manchester schools project budget surplus