Home » News » Public Safety
Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze
CAMPTON — A woman injured her hip when she fell while trying to escape a smoky fire at her Route 3 home Monday night.
Fire Chief Daniel Defosses said the woman, whose name he did not know, made it to the front door of her 1298 Route 3 home where firefighters helped her out. She was transported to Speare Memorial Hospital in Plymouth for treatment.
One other person was home at the time of the blaze.
Defosses said the fire, reported at 11:10 p.m., was in a bedroom.
"It was a small, smoldering fire," he said. "It looks like it possibly started in a lamp, but it definitely was accidental."
Firefighters quickly extinguished it, he said.
Assisting Campton firefighters were crews from Plymouth and Ashland.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 0
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
- Woman shot during Manchester drug raid ID'd - 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 2
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding? - 6
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 3
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 2
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 4
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Campbell, Jutras blank Gilford - 0
- Pirates stay hot, blank Red Sox - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua - 2
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof