Home » News » Public Safety
Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze
CAMPTON — A woman injured her hip when she fell while trying to escape a smoky fire at her Route 3 home Monday night.
Fire Chief Daniel Defosses said the woman, whose name he did not know, made it to the front door of her 1298 Route 3 home where firefighters helped her out. She was transported to Speare Memorial Hospital in Plymouth for treatment.
One other person was home at the time of the blaze.
Defosses said the fire, reported at 11:10 p.m., was in a bedroom.
"It was a small, smoldering fire," he said. "It looks like it possibly started in a lamp, but it definitely was accidental."
Firefighters quickly extinguished it, he said.
Assisting Campton firefighters were crews from Plymouth and Ashland.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- For Nashua student walkers, commute may soon be safer - 0
- Several pets succumb to fire at Farmington home Thursday - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 1
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- A second chance: Manchester hasn't won Hooksett yet - 0
- Calling Deep Throat: Where is Obama's Mark Felt? - 0
- Monarchs know there's always room for improvement - 0
- Student artwork on display in Derry for PTA's Reflections - 0
- Town, school budgets approved in Amherst - 0
- Wilton-Lyndeborough elementary school merger plan passes - 0
- Hollis voters approve all warrant articles - 0
- Div. I Girls' Basketball: Bedford advances to final with ease - 0
- Boys' Hockey: Souhegan, John Stark-Hopkinton advance in Div. III - 0
Town, school budgets approved in Amherst
Two officers pinpointed in Weare shooting
Hollis voters approve all warrant articles
Win tickets to see Billy Idol
Rochester firm is ready to add jobs
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run